Enabling DXVA in Windows Media Player 10 with CATALYST 5.6
Written by Hanners
Tuesday, 25 April 2006 14:39
Enabling DXVA in Windows Media Player 10 with CATALYST 5.61. Install CATALYST 5.6 drivers, which support DXVA acceleration, in the usual fashion, rebooting once the installation is complete.
2. Install the Windows DRM update which is available here, and reboot after this has been installed.
3. Install the Windows Media Player 10 Hotfix, which can be found here.
4. Go into CATALYST Control Center
5. Switch to the Advanced view (Shown below)
6. Go to the Video menu, and select the All Settings option
7. Scroll to the bottom of the Catalyst Control Page to find the Windows Media Setting option, and ensure that Windows Media Video Acceleration is turned on as shown below.
8. You can test out acceleration on some High Definition Windows Media content, such as the Step Into Liquid movie available for free download from Microsoft here.